Firstly, our apologies for the delay in adding some more tips!
We are pleased that we have been busy in other areas, mainly compiling our database of Wedding Venues, throughout the UK, who have an approved license – we are nearly there! – We estimate there are around 5000 and we have around 3500…
Email shots are starting to be sent out to invite wedding venues to appear on our site, for FREE, if you know of any then please ask them to email us: email@example.com and we would be delighted to send further information out.
As you may well know (or indeed not) we are also developing our “sister” site – Pink Wedding Venues. Again, for wedding venues who hold an approved license but who want to promote their venue, to the Gay Wedding/Civil Partnership market place.
There has been a lot of talk, in the media, surrounding the issues of Gay Marriage. Unfortunately, there are still some traditionalist who don’t believe the Church should support Gay Marriage. Whilst everyone is entitled to their own opinions, our opinion is that it’s Marriage. Not “straight” married, not “gay” marriage but two people who love each other and want to commit for the rest of their lives (we hope!).
HeyHo…without wanting to become too political, we want to ensure that same sex couples can easily find a venue who supports their commitment and celebrations without prejudice – Hence, PINK WEDDING VENUES!
We thought, hoped, that by Mid July we’d be reminding you about the importance of wearing suncream for your big day. We wouldn’t want anyone getting burnt whilst being out in the open. Sadly, we still don’t really have to worry too much about this as the weather is still, pretty awful.
We haven’t given you, so far, any tips regarding costs for your big day…here’s a few things to think about:-
* When you receive your quotation, ask if the Wedding Venue can break down the costs for you so you can see how charges are made. This also enables you to look at all areas of the day and see if costs can be reduced if, for instance, you provided your own drinks for the toast.
* Ensure you know exactly what is and what isn’t included in the quotation – you don’t want any nasty surprises later.
* How much is the deposit?
* When will the Wedding Venue need the deposit paid by?
* Is the deposit refundable? – Up until what time?
* Lastly, when will the balance need to be paid by?
We wish you well with all your plans.